A little treat for you this week to get those tail feathers shimmying - I've made this illustration of a peacock in full flounce which you are free to download and use on your blogs.
When it comes to keeping up a blog I know it can be tricky to think of what to write about. I've been keeping my personal blog (Lightbox) for years, and it always starts with a photograph which sparks the theme. This approach has kept me going for nearly 300 posts, so I know how much good images can really help with writing ideas.
Also, from the visual communication angle, I am constantly applying lateral thinking to problems, and am fascinated with how one image can be interpreted in many different ways.
My hope is that this little bird will feather your nest with some ideas, but also that you can feedback here so we can all see how pliable and powerful good visuals can be.
There are loads of ways you could take this. Here are just a few thoughts:
• giving it all show & no content
• finding attractive prospects
• how to perform a glistening presentation
• giving your wide repertoire a shimmy (aka, plate spinning?)
....and I'm sure you could come up with more, about eyes/focal points, or ruffling feathers. Take it and make with it what you will!
Here's what to do:
1. Right click>save image as..., so it sits locally on your machine.
2. Use it in your blog post (out of courtesy, please credit/copyright check yours truly!)
3. Come back here and leave a link to your blog in the comments section, with any feedback on how your idea came about.
4. Tweet it!
If your blog schedule is sorted for now, that's fine, bookmark it and keep it for future. I'll be sharing new images every now again so do check back if you are looking for some inspiration.